The Kingscote Barn is a place where special memories are made so we wanted to make sure you have everything you need to make it yours for the day.
Planning your Journey
- If using a sat nav the postcode is GL8 8YE - please find a map for you to download
- By Train - Our closest stations are:
- Cam & Dursley (7.7 miles away) – for Birmingham/Gloucester/Bristol routes
- Kemble (14 miles away)/ Stroud (8 miles away) – for London/Cheltenham routes
- Taxis The Kingscote Barn is in a beautiful rural spot, away from major towns therefore, we advise you to pre-book your taxi a few days before the wedding. Please check out our taxi list
- Local Accommodation Please click here to find our accommodation list for some our favourite Hotel's and B&B's nearby and don’t forget to also book a taxi!
- There is plenty of free parking available, please follow the signs to the visitor’s car parks.
- The Barn is located on the ground floor, allowing easy disabled access.
- You should aim to arrive 45 mins – 1hr maximum before the wedding ceremony. We normally try and seat guests 30 mins before the wedding ceremony.
- There are no bar facilities/food available before the wedding ceremony so please make other arrangements locally. The closest pubs are The Hunters Hall Inn, Tipputs Inn or The Gumstool Inn.
Staying with us at The Kingscote Barn
During the Day
The Kingscote Barn and rooms are private and exclusive, rather than being a hotel. Therefore if you have been invited to stay with us then you are coming as your host’s guests to spend time with them during their special day.
- All reservations for onsite accommodation are via the Bride/Groom they can provide a unique booking code for guests to book. To book please click here. To guarantee availability bookings must be made 4 weeks prior to the event.
- All rooms are only available for the night of the wedding, unless agreed with the bride/groom prior to the wedding.
- Accommodation check in is between 1pm-5pm. We are a private venue, not a hotel so our facilities before check in are limited. Please plan to stop somewhere locally before you arrive with us to refresh. We can recommend some locals places including The Hunters Hall (1 mile away), The Close Hotel Tetbury, The Gumstool or Egypt Mill.
- Check out for all accommodation is by 10am latest, please return your key to the office before departure, we like to be able to say goodbye to you.
- The little extras are important, if you would like to add a Luxury Continental Breakfast hamper to your room, please let us know 1 week prior to the wedding. (Delivered to your room between 8.30-9am).
- For last-minute requests. Please contact the office on 01453 8611161 or email [email protected] for more information.
- Confetti and Petals Please do not bring your own confetti, the newlyweds will arrange this as we have particular requirements to preserve our beautiful barn and grounds.
- Smoking Including e cigarettes are permitted on the grounds but not inside the barn or accommodation. There are outdoor ashtrays for use at the reception door, courtyard and on the front terrace.
- Disabled Access All areas (except our barn gallery) are accessible. There is an accessible cloakroom near the kitchen. We have designated step free bedrooms close to the barn, please ask upon booking if you require one of these.
- Baby changing facilities there are baby changing facilities in the accessible bathroom near the kitchen. Please ask the catering team if you can’t find this.
- The bar will not be open until after the wedding ceremony has taken place
- Payment of drinks can be made via card or cash.
- No alcohol can be brought into the venue. No exceptions of any kind are made in this regard, Kingscote Barn will charge the client automatically should this policy not be adhered too.
- The food has been carefully chosen for you by the wedding couple.
- Please inform the couple directly of any dietary requirements you have at least one month before the wedding date. Please do not contact the venue with regard to this.
- Should you fail to let the wedding couple know of your dietary requirements we cannot guarantee that a suitable meal can be provided.
I am an Evening Guest – where do I go?!
- On arrival head you will be welcomed into the reception area and the bar is on your left and toilets on the right
- If you need to check in to a room here, please let us know if you are due to arrive after 5pm as we will arrange for late key collection. Any problems on arrival speak to the catering manager/bar staff
Leaving the Venue
- Leaving your car overnight? Cars are allowed to stay overnight in the car parks but must be collected by 10am the following day. Cars are left at the owner’s risk.
- Taxis It should be noted that, The Kingscote Barn is in a beautiful rural spot, away from major towns therefore, we advise you to pre-book your taxi a few days before the wedding. Please check out our taxi list.